SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paleopaque

HELP! Persimmon tree keep dropping fruit!

paleopaque
10 years ago

Hi all, I currently have a 7 year old persimmon tree and for the past couple of years have successfully had fruit with only a few fruit falling from the tree before maturity. This year however, it's a different story. I have about 10 fruit falling from the tree each day. It's heart-breaking. The fruit is continually maturing, and getting bigger, however, they are still falling from the tree without provocation. Incidentally, I have another persimmon tree that's over 10 years old and for the first few years all of the fruit would drop before reaching maturity. This is the first year that the older tree is holding onto its fruit with only minor droppage and seems like the majority of the fruit will successfully reach maturity (fingers crossed). I'm not sure why the trees decided to switch roles this year with the younger tree dropping most of its fruit and the older one hanging on to most of it. Does anyone have any ideas on why they're dropping? Someone suggested it might be that they don't have enough water but I water a couple times a week and they are getting plenty of water (not over-watered either). Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks for your help!

Comments (8)