SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
butterfly31286

First Time Peace Lily Owner, Its sick! Please Help!

butterfly31286
15 years ago

Ok. I am new here and have just become interested in plants, mainly house plants. Over the summer I got a peace lily. It is one of the huge ones. I named it Sofia. She was about 5 feet tall and had a leaf span of about 3 feet across and around. I am at school in an apt at the moment so she doesn't have as much room as she needs but will be getting a new home in a week in a house with plenty of room. Two weekends ago I went home and left her with my roommates. Have done this before and she was fine. I watered her and others and left. When I got back she was severely droopy and about a quarter of original size. Roommates said she drooped Sat night after I left Thurs. I gave her some water with delluted miricle grow plant food on Tuesday and she pereked up some but is still droopy. Some of her bottom leaves have turned yellow, (which I have trimmed off) and she has a few black spots on two of her leaves. About a week and a half prior to this I repotted her into a ceramic pot instead of the plastic one she came in due to her being top heavy and toppling over. If anyone could please help me figure out what is wrong and how to revive Sofia that would be absolutely wonderful. Thanks.

Comments (3)