SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laazure

Weeping Fig is losing its leaves worse than ever - root rot?

laazure
16 years ago

Okay. Before this happened, my tree was doing great. It's had the best growth it's ever had this year.

But now, all of a sudden, the leaves, so many of them are rapidly turning yellow, then they get little brown spots and fall off. Right now about 50% are yellow and it's fastly degenerating. I hadn't moved it, hadn't changed anything when this first started.

The leaves are turning yellow from the bases of the branches outward. And it's worse more at the bottom too.

So, whatever's wrong seems to be spreading up and outward.

I thought it was watering issues, and I started watering it more (because I thought I was underwatering), but that didn't help.

So I'm back on my regular watering regieme now. But it's still getting worse.

Is this a disease?

Is this root rot? (The pot doesn't have very good drainage. There's a white mineral vaguely over the top edges of soil).

Or is this just a big watering thing?

Also, someone's been leaving the window near it open lately, and it's cold. Does that have anything to do with it?

Also, can I prune off some of the yellow and dead leaves, or will that just send it into more shock?

Sorry if I rambled. There's just so much it could be and I don't know what to do. Please help me, I don't want my tree to die.

Comments (24)