SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
glenn_russell_gw

Apple taste test results?

glenn_russell
15 years ago

Does anyone know where I could find some apple taste test results? (Actually, this info would be useful to me for things like berries too).

Next year Im planning on clearing my front yard, moving some of my young 6 varieties around, and adding another 5 trees to my home orchard. I already have 2 Liberties, a Granny Smith, an Enterprise, a 5-1, a Red Delicious (I don't like it but the wife does), and a Williams Pride. IÂm thinking maybe another Granny Smith, maybe a heirloom variety like an AshmedÂs Kernel, and a sweet apple like Honey Crisp (just because ÂThe Apple Grower seems to talk about HC a lot.)

I take much of the info from sites like ACNursery, TreesOfAntiquity, Cummins with a grain of salt, because theyÂre all trying to sell you something. Every variety sounds like itÂs the best. I know individuals can give me their own recommendations, but thatÂs just one personÂs recommendation. (Although IÂll take them too)

Does anyone have any good, lots-of-tasters, lots-of-varieties, independent taste test links they could give me? I havenÂt yet found that info with my Google Searches. Not that a taste-test would completely make the decision for me (there are a lot of other factors), but it would certainly help.

Too bad this site wasnÂt using a little more modern technology On many forums you can add polls to your posts. That would be useful for doing a small sampling amoung at least our forum members.

Thanks,

-Glenn

Comments (12)