SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
glenn_russell_gw

Disease and Insect ID with pics

glenn_russell
11 years ago

Hi All-

I have a friend about 7 miles away who I've tried to help get his orchard under control. After many years of using the Bonide Fruit Tree spray crap, yielding little results, he was pretty frustrated. I convinced him that we could treat the diseases and handle the insects by using the same sprays that have worked so well for me here in my young orchard. We did this last year, and indeed, he had his best year ever.

But, at the beginning of last summer, and much more pronounced this year, he had two problems that I haven't fully identified. I see a serious insect problem, and also a disease problem. This is after spraying with his motorized sprayer:

A dormant oil and Kocide 3000 spray

A (single I believe) Triazicide and Immunox spray 14 days after petal fall.

These same sprays (well 2 of the Triazicide/Immunox) here at my house have yielded complete control here.

This insect and disease attack comes very early in the season, i.e. before May. Any subsequent leaves after June, etc, are not affected. He has not seen any catepillars around, nor any other bug for that matter.

As for the disease, it looks like scab to me... though my scab is completely under control here, so I don't see much of it. If it is scab, then I'm surprised that the Kocide and Immunox didn't handle it.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

-Glenn

{{gwi:117680}}

{{gwi:117681}}

{{gwi:117682}}

{{gwi:117683}}

{{gwi:117684}}

{{gwi:117685}}

{{gwi:117686}}

{{gwi:117687}}

Comments (25)