SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
superpoutyduck

Need fruit tree disease ID help, please! (Pics)

superpoutyduck
10 years ago

I've got two trees that I'm not sure what is going on with. I have approximately 60 stone fruit, and none of my other trees have any of the same symptoms. I'm located in Northern California.

Tree 1:
Tree one is a nectarine. The leaves are all light green, and the leaves towards the end of each branch have red spots. 99% sure it's not peach leaf curl, as it's only the leaves at the end of the branches with the spots, and all of the leaves are light green. One picture shows how light green it is compared to the tree next to it. This tree also has a large crack in the trunk, and did not bloom at all, which seems really really odd. Nutrient deficiency?

{{gwi:107653}}

{{gwi:107655}}

{{gwi:107657}}

{{gwi:107660}}

Tree 2
My beloved Tasty Rich Aprium that I just got this year. This tree will be near impossible for me to replace if it needs to go. But, if I gotta pull it, I gotta pull it. I'm thinking it has bacterial canker, which from what I've read, isn't really treatable on a tree this size. All of my other first year trees are thriving and have branched out. This one has dying leaves, oozing black spots, and is just generally unhealthy. Please advise.

{{gwi:107663}}

{{gwi:107666}}

{{gwi:107668}}

{{gwi:107670}}

This post was edited by tmunson on Mon, Jun 3, 13 at 1:33

Comments (11)