SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yas_622

persimmon sprouts + bugs = no persimmons

yas_622
13 years ago

Hey all,

As an up date, I planted the 30 or so persimmon seeds that I picked up from under some trees. I planted perhaps 18 or so in pots directly and put the rest in jars with moist paper towels. After a few weeks, (I cant remember an exact number) I was able to see the sprouts starting in the jars. I proceeded to transplant several of these to pots as I they grew large enough(I thought). These continued to grow finally pulling themselves completely out of the seeds(I did lose a few in the process). A week or so after I transplanted the first sprouts, my mother noticed a sprout in one of the pots where I had planted seeds directly. To make a longer story shorter, I ended up with around fifteen sprouts that had successfully extracted themselves from the seeds. I have now transplanted several sprouts that I thought might be ready but I am still losing some as I go.

Question #1

Am I transplanting them too early? If so, about what time of year should I be transplanting them?

Question #2

How can I keep the dern bugs from eating on my sprout's leaves!?!

Thanks for all the help everyone. Oh by the way, we seem to be getting a lot of rain here in Indiana.

Bye for now.

Comments (3)