SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mavmbuk

dracaena marginata help please!

mavmbuk
10 years ago

Hi

Was given this plant 4 years ago by my sister as a house warming gift, i think it is called " Dracaena Marginata" and it has been healthy for about 3 years until last year the soil got infested with fruit flies so stuck it outside thinking the cold would kill off the flies which it did but also damaged the plant : (

Also found that i was over watering it as the soil started to smell really bad and all the leaves started dropping off.

I have tried to save it by re-potting it with fresh new soil, only watering when needed. This has seemed to have worked as starting to grow new leaves... which i was really happy about until just now as i went to close the curtains and managed to rip all the new leaves off one of the stems....(gutted) poor plant may be it would be kinder to let it die then live with me at this rate?

Can anyone advise what i should do to try and save this plant and try put it back to it former glory when it had 40 odd leaves and not just 4 now?

Was thinking about feeding it some miracle growth?
Cutting the stems down so the plant has more energy?

Top of the 2 stems have started going green and growing new leaves but the rest of it has gone all hard and wrinkly.

Any advise would be great, thanks for your time and help.

PS, the leaves that are coming out of the soil is not new growth but the 4 leaves i managed to rip off by accident!

This post was edited by mavmbuk on Thu, Jul 4, 13 at 18:59

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths