SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lmhall2000

Newby farm owner, have existing pear/apple tree that look great,

15 years ago

What do I do to keep them that way? I'm in North Alabama near the TN border. The apples are green apples, have no idea what kind, my neighbor who has lived here 30 years think they could be as old as 10-30 years (not good memory)...the apple tree has one main trunk for about 2 feet I guess and then goes off in 3-4 different big trunks...I've got hundreds of apples...sometimes 4-5 in a cluster...should I pull some apples off now? They're about an inch and a half high right now and looking green. The tree is probably branching out across 15 feet and as high as that....I can't reach those top apples...

My pear tree is more spindly..it's growing upward and standing next to the apple tree they look like Oliver and Hardy Laurel. I did put fruit tree fertilizer spikes around the perimeter of the trees early in March..but other than that I've done nothing...my Dad says I need to spray, but I don't see any bugs...do I still need to spray and is there a better time to do it in my area? I haven't seen any Jap beetles yet..and don't want to...I'll try and see if I can find a picture...found one! Here are Laurel and Hardy! :)

{{gwi:21089}}

Thanks for any help!

Tara

Comments (9)