SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jala4260

Why do Peace Lily sag over time? Remedy?

jala4260
12 years ago

I've been wondering why my Peace Lilies have been sagging over time. When I first get them at the store, the leaves are all pointing upwards like a Prayer Plant at night sleeping. After I take them home, the peace lily leaves start sagging overtime as if the stems and veins lack strength to hold them up.

I grow them in 75% screened Turface MVP and 25% granite otherwise known as 3 parts turface and 1 part grit.

I have them in indirect light next to the window facing North. Glass reduce transmission of light so I'll list my window specifications as well. They are double pane (two flat glass) soundproof windows, insulated, and UV film protection.

They need to be watered every 2-3 days or they start drooping. I use tap filtered water with ppm around 24 otherwise known as my drinking water. Fertilizer is 1/4 teaspoon Dyna Foliage-Pro per 1.5 litter (.40 gallons) of water every other time.

Plants are in an enclosed room, very low air flow with steady temperatures around 80F plus/minus 5 degrees. Humidity in room is 53% to 59%.

What can I do to have my leaves stand up and not have the tips point downwards??? The leaves that are pointing downwards seem to have soft middle veins than the ones pointing up. Could it be a specific nutrient deficiency?

Comments (14)