SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lycheeluva

Please confirm this is shothole on my stone fruits (pics)

lycheeluva
13 years ago

sooooooooooooooooo frustrating. Two years ago, I figured out that my peache/nectarine trees were being attacked by peach leaf curl and so i learned to spray with kocide in late fall and early spring. The kocide has done the trick- virtually no evidence of peach leaf curl the last couple of years.

Last year, i learned that the peaches were also being attacked by peach scab, so i added captan 50% every two weeks beginning at shuck fall. I added some immunox in just for good measure. Too early to tell if this has worked as the peach scab only starts showing up on the fruit in late june.

I was hoping that this spray regimen would give me my first disease free year on my stone fruits- but NOOOOOOOO- I still have massive defoliation going on. I posted some pics last week with a bad camera and the consensus was that it was shothole. I am now posting better resolution pics. please confirm whether this is shothole. I am concerned that the entire foliage is going to turn yellow and fall off. I am thinning extra heavily to help lighten the tree's energy needs but am scared this will not suffice. Anything else I should do? I guess next year, i will continue with a diluted copper spray throughout the growing season to try and combat the shotholE. anyone have any other ideas? see pics.

{{gwi:95292}}

{{gwi:95293}}

{{gwi:95294}}

{{gwi:95295}}

{{gwi:95296}}

{{gwi:95297}}

{{gwi:95298}}

{{gwi:95299}}

{{gwi:95300}}

{{gwi:95301}}

Comments (7)