SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mc_hudd

Something I learned about a Spider Plant

mc_hudd
15 years ago

I don't know if anyone cares or not, but I've recently learned something about my spider plants. Every time I get a new, different plant I read up about care on the internet. Well, I've always read not to let tap water get on the leaves (are these called leaves?) of a spider plant b/c it would burn them. Well, I watered my plants the other day & couldn't stand how dusty they were. I try to wipe them down, but w/ a spider plant it's almost impossible to get every leaf. So, I took them to my shower & hosed them down, which is what I do w/ most of my plants. After they had soaked/drained I picked them up & just shook the water off of them, then tried to kind of wipe over the plant w/ a paper towel to absorb an excess water on the leaves. This was about 4 days ago & my plants look perkier & healthier than ever!

I had been so afraid to do this, but apparently if you get most of the excess water off of them, it doesn't actually hurt the plant. Maybe I was just taking what I had read too seriously, I don't know, but I wanted to post this in case there was someone else out there like me that was afraid to do this.

HTH,

Shannon :)

Comments (14)