SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
photo_synthesis

A Dracaena That... Glows?

Photo Synthesis
10 years ago

Okay, okay, the subject title may be a tad bit misleading. My dracaena doesn't "glow" per se, but from where I have it sitting, it sure does seem like it.
Usually, I never really cared much for dracaenas, or at least not enough to add them to my already large collection of different plants. Then one day, while browsing Wal-Mart's garden center, one in particular caught my eye. It was the only one they had like it, and it somehow managed to jump into my shopping cart and follow me home. (Surely, I can't possibly be the only one that this has happened to...)
Of course, it was mislabeled as Dracaena deremensis "Lemon Lime." Which is what I thought it was until further investigation revealed that it was a "Lemon Surprise" instead. A nice surprise, indeed.
Since then, I have had a "Janet Craig Compacta" (mislabeled as a "Janet Craig") follow me home as well. It's not included in the pic, but it also sits in the same location. They get bright morning sunlight from an East-facing window, and bright indirect sun throughout the rest of the day. Even after the Sun passes overhead, the sunlight bounces off of my neighbor's house and back into my windows. So all day long, my "Lemon Surprise" appears to "glow." Even now, as the Sun sets on the other side of my house.

Oh, by the way, I've lingered around here for a while now, and finally decided to join. This is my 1st post, and wanted to officially say hello to everyone. :)

Comments (12)