SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
konnijj

help my lucky pachira is dying, how do I rescue it?

konni
11 years ago

Hi,

I have a 5' braided pachira/money tree that I have had for a couple of years. I have moved with it, repotted it to a large pot in June (which it loved, sprouted like crazy!) and haven't had any problems until about December when I accidently overwatered it over and over again due to a broken water "meter" I got from the nursery - it kept telling me that the tree was dry.
The leaves are turning brown and dropping off, I haven't watered it for weeks - since I found out the meter was broken. All the old large leaves are gone.
The tree is looking pretty sad without all the leaves, it is however sprouting lots of new leaves but they turn yellow and eventually fall of as well. 1 of the 5 trunks have always been dry without sprouts, it's not soft, but another is getting soft, however I don't see any black roots. It actually barely have any roots, just little white and yellow ones.
I'm heading over to get new potting soil, I have been using miracle grow as that was recommended by home depot, I will try peat moss mixed with perlite and put pebbles in the bottom of the pot, I will put it in a smaller pot as well.
Any suggestions on how to rescue this tree? It means the world to me and it is a lucky one that gives 7 LEAVES here and there, so I can't just get a new one. Should I try to propagate it or will it kill it? It has 2 thin 24' sprouts on the side of the truck with leaves, some are turning yellow...
Should I try to give it SuperThrive liquid to see if it will come back, do I need to mist it. It gets lots of indirect light, it is facing 3 large floor to ceiling windows.
I will post more pictures
HELP PLEASE - I appreciate any suggestions
Thank you
Konni

Comments (17)