SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bevinga

Help! Schefilera and Rubber Tree in 4' pots

17 years ago

Hi,

I just received a basket full of plants, all in 4" pots. Two of them are schefilera and I believe the other is a rubber tree plant.

With every schefilera I've had, I've ended up committing plant-o-cide and lost them all. What do I need to do with this plant? It is so green and healthy looking right now, so do I need to repot it in a larger pot? If so, what is the soil combination that I should use, and in what size of pot should I put it?

I always use Miracle Gro with slow-release fertilizer, sometimes with the moisture control; sometimes not.

I have absolutely no clue as to what to do with the rubber plant; I've never had one of these. What do I need to do with this one? Again, it is beautifully healthy, but in a 4" pot.

When summertime arrives, should I place them on a sheltered porch? I've known of people putting their schefileras on a patio or covered porch and they do wonderfully well. If I put them on a porch, will they be able to take the shock of moving back in next fall?

I know these are a lot of questions, but I so badly want to be able to make these work this time! Thank you all for you advice and help!

Beverly

Comments (13)