SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
spaghetina

Fell butt first into my zucchini - will they survive? (pics)

spaghetina
14 years ago

Well, the argument for wider walkway spacing has just been proven to me. While trying to get back through my narrow path, I tried to avoid knocking my foot into a squash leaf, and instead fell over sideways, did some kind of half turn in mid-air, and landed butt first into two zucchini plants. Oddly enough, the thing that came out of my mouth was 'Oh no!', when I would have expected something a lot more... colorful... to have been exclaimed. (That came later - hope the neighbors kids weren't outside.) The plant closer to the edge still has some leaves standing up, but the one that I landed square on has pretty much everything, including unblossomed flowers, bent over in varying degrees of severity. None are totally snapped off, but at least one of the stalks of the big leaves have been split open.

MAN, I am kicking myself right now. I almost started to cry, right there, in the beautiful sunshine, as I surveyed the damage and picked up limp, bendy leaves. :'(

In everyone's expert opinions, do you think they'll survive? I just gave them both extra water to perk them up, just in case.

{{gwi:90381}}
{{gwi:90382}}
{{gwi:90383}}
{{gwi:90384}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Photobucket

Comments (22)