SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michelelc_gw

why do all my pepper plants keep dying!

michelelc
12 years ago

This was supposed to be the year of the pepper for me! I grew a lot of peppers from seed, which was mostly a failure. Some died during the hardening off process, and most of the others wilted and eventually died. I bought a number of different hot peppers and bell peppers. I have them in a mix of pots and in the ground. Over the last several weeks, one by one, the pepper plants in the ground have wilted and died. Now, 2 of my potted peppers have wilted and died. All were looking great, then I'd look one morning, the plant would be drooping and by the end of the day it was clearly dead. I pulled up and inspected the roots, after reading about nematodes, but I had no nodules on the roots. I don't have spots on the leaves, the leaves are nice and green. I just don't understand what is going on. I don't over or under-water, which is what was suggested a week ago on the pepper forum. Here are pics of the latest victims, can anyone offer any possible cause? It just makes me want to cry. The first one died the next day.

{{gwi:88162}}

{{gwi:88164}}

{{gwi:88166}}

{{gwi:88168}}

Comments (15)