SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_308931658

why do my plants keep being in bad condition

HU-308931658
2 years ago

Hello, my plants keep dying even though i really try to be following the intructions of the people in the plant stores i m buying them from. I feel like they will suffer either from too much water, either from too few water. At this point i cant understand what is going on, i uploaded 2 pics of my plants that are doing bad for reasons i cant understand. First of all, apparently the size of the pot was the reason for my overwatering. The bigger one was overwatered, while the smaller one was underwatered. Or at least thats what the (so called?) florist said, since a few plants of mine died right after a few days which he came to say that they were fine. Is the size of the pot more important than the size of the plant for watering? But anyway, my problem remains that even when i stopped watering the overwatered one, and started watering more the underwatered one, i was still having problems, i see leaves keep dying in the smaller one with no new ones growing, some branches even turned yellow, i had to cut 2 of them cause they dried for real and probably i will cut the other one i guess since its following the same pattern. Is the problem now that i switched from underwatering it to overwatering it abruptly or what? About the bigger one, i havent watered it since then and indeed, the mud hasnt seemed to have dried up even after more than a month or so that has passed i think. But then, why does the few leaves that have been left on it start turning yellow too and there are no signs of new growth? I also had a sansevieria and a few cactus that turned mushy and died, apparently that means overwatering, even though i was just following instructions. At this point, i desperately need some proper advice. How to save the remaining plants and how much and how often should i be watering them from now on? I really think that the problem lies on the water, at least for the ones that already died the reason was too much water, besides, there is good temperature in the room, there is some sunlight but not too much on it, and i often open the windows to renew the air. If you could provide some tips for these plants first and foremost, but also overall tips for watering cactus and sansevieria, it would be extremely helpful. Thanks in advance.

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting