SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cena_gw

ISO Recipes for Soup

Cena
18 years ago

That would be In Search Of...

Oh, I need all my buddies help, here. You know, you kinda get used to this eating thing, and when you can't? Or when you keep trying then its time for more pain meds?

So, my blender is my new best friend, and I have already exhausted my repertoire for good tasting, edible stuff. I've also thrown in a batch of beans and cornbread, which blended up Very Well together, thank you. (But you don't want tooo many beans on the menu, now do you?!)

I did manage some fried eggs last night, but not well. A french fry totally depressed me yesterday. Not fun, and swallowing stuff nearly whole is going to get me, too! And yes, you CAN burn the back of your throat before you know it! Since the plate now covers the roof of my mouth, I end up with stuff too hot, and no where to put it!

I did laugh explosively this week, and forcefully ejected my uppers, which ALSO was painful. The stitches are in the process of removing themselves.

So, I need all your favorite soup recipes, please? Thank you. All the help I can get, really. I'll show you mine, if you will share yours. These are the ones from this week that folks were kind enough to share.

Thanking all my friends up front. Cause, I'm STARVING!

SOUP Beef and Broccoli Soup \- crockpot recipe INGREDIENTS: 1 1/2 lb. lean ground beef (or can use thinly slice roast pieces, I slice it while it's still partially frozen) 3 cup broccoli, chopped 2 cans (4 oz.) mushroom pieces or 1 cup fresh chopped mushrooms 1/2 cup celery, chopped 1 cup carrots, sliced 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped 4 cups V\-8 juice or tomato juice 1/2 cup water 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. salt 1/4 tsp. pepper 1/4 tsp. thyme 1/4 tsp. oregano PREPARATION: Brown beef; drain off fat. Add vegetables, tomato juice, water, and seasonings. Place in slow cooker; cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours. Serves 6 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Corn Chowder with Bacon and Potatoes INGREDIENTS: 1/2 cup diced bacon 4 medium potatoes, chopped 1/2 medium onion, chopped 2 cups water 2 1/2 to 3 cups cups cream\-style corn, 2 (12 ounces each) cans or 1 pound, 4 ounce package frozen 2 teaspoons salt pepper to taste 2 cups half\-and\-half or light cream, scalded Sautbacon until browned and crisp; add chopped potatoes and onions. Add water, corn, and seasonings; cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in half\-and\-half; heat through but do not boil. Serves 4. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Barley Beef Soup \- crockpot recipe INGREDIENTS: 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef 1/2 cup chopped onion 1 clove garlic, minced 2/3 cup pearl barley 3 to 4 medium carrots, diced 3 ribs celery, diced 1 (28 oz.) can tomatoes 3 1/2 to 4 cups beef broth 2 c. water 1 (10 1/2 oz.) can tomato soup (optional) 1 bay leaf 1/4 c. minced parsley Salt and pepper to taste PREPARATION: Brown ground beef, onion, and garlic in skillet; drain well. Transfer meat mixture to slow cooker; add barley and remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on high 1 hour then on low 5\-6 hours. Serves 6.

Comments (5)