SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neohippie

Help! I can't stop buying seeds!

neohippie
14 years ago

I have NO self-control.

As I posted before, I just moved to a house after living in apartments for years, and have been working on starting a vegetable garden, which I haven't gotten to do since I still lived with my parents.

My boyfriend coined the term "garden lust" for what I have, when he noticed I keep getting online browsing through all manner of garden-related things.

And now it's turned to seed-buying. It started when I noticed Baker Creek was having a free shipping sale, so I took advantage of that. And then Seed Savers Exchange says it's time to order garlic, so I did that, along with ordering some more seeds since I was already there, you know. And now I just put in an order with native seeds/SEARCH because they sell seeds that are adapted to the arid southwest, and Texas is in a drought that's lasted two years so far, so I figured I'd better get some varieties that can take arid conditions, plus I'm really interested in interesting heirloom varieties, especially onces Native Americans grew...

So now I have a BIG PILE of seed packets sitting on the coffee table right now and more on the way! I'm not sure what to do with them all, storage-wise. My cats keep batting them around. I'm afraid to calculate how much money I've spent.

Is there a Seedaholics Anonymous I can join?

Comments (31)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz