SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dennis1983

Solar cycle 24 update

dennis1983
12 years ago

Hi

I think i can give you update about solar cycle 24. Solar cycle 24 started december 2008. Solar cycle last average 11 years, 4 years rise from solar cycle minimum to solar cycle maximum and 7 years fall from solar cycle maximum to solar cycle minimum. That is average. It has been found that strong solar cycle rise fast to solar cycle maximum and they are short in length. Weak solar cycle rise slower to solar cycle maximum and last longer.

Smoothed sunspot number (SSN) is counted by averaging sunspot numbers. NASA solar cycle 24 prediction in january 2012 was 96,4 and solar cycle maximum in february 2013. That would be about 4 years to solar cycle maximum. NASA february 2012 prediction was 96,0 and solar cycle maximum december 2013. So they changed solar cycle maximum 10 months later, that would make 5 years to solar cycle maximum. Why SSN number fell so little bit when prediction was changed 10 months later? I guess they want to be positive and hope solar cycle will be be good one. It looks little bit weak as prediction is longer than average rise time to solar cycle maximum. One thing should keep in mind, it is prediction so it is not sure will it happen.

Question is how this prediction compare to average solar cycle. NASA internet site says solar cycle would make smallest cycle in 80 years. Things have come to better after mine earlier post when solar cycle 24 prediction was weakest in last 200 years or was it 100 years.

Based what i have understood on internet, long solar cycle may mean global cooling. Global temperature may starts decline. This is not good thing i think. I have read on internet this, what happened when sun had weak solar cycles. I think have said earlier about this, just let you to know what is going on sun if you hadn't interest for this thing.

Comment (1)