SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carol_71

My spotty and variegated tomatoes (pics)

carol_71
16 years ago

Hi everyone,

I've got 2 plants of 2 different varieties, wich after a week long of rain, started to show 2 "symptoms"... I've been searching in the Tomatoes forum, the Problem Solver and other websites, not being able to identify what ails my tomatoes, also posted this on the tomatoes forum, without any help.

The tomatoes are under a summer raw cover fabric, but it becomes wet and allows some humidity to go through.

Case One: one of the plants started to show brown spots on on leaves of side of the plant, mostly on bottom leaves. I left the main stem in the ground with two "apparently healthy" side shots on it, cut sharply and applied wound sealer and disposed of the rest of the plant, including forming fruits Here is a small piece, pictured:

Underside:

{{gwi:69670}}

Top of the same leaf:

{{gwi:69671}}

------

Case Two: The other variety, started also to show very once in a while some very light brown spots, but what worries me is that they're getting more and more yellow, especially around the nerves of the leaves. They are actually starting to look like variegated tomato plants (this picture came dark):

{{gwi:69673}}

I'll highly appreciate your opinions. Thank you so much in advance!

Carol

Comments (4)