SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gennym_gw

Are rabbits happy being alone? Anyone can answer--thanks!!--

GennyM
18 years ago

Hey, I have a pet rabbit named Cadbury. We call him Cad for short. He is a Dutch Rabbit. And, he is 2 years old. What I'm wondering is if he is happy. Everyday as long as it isn't raining I put him in a large pen with one of my ducks. My duck that he stays in the pen with during the day is a female muscovie. She is the one with the hurt leg and she is no harm to Cad and neither is he to her. They really get along, really they totally ignore one another. Troy has the baby ducks to keep her company....but, Cad doesn't have anyone. My brother and I spend time with him during the day and pet him....but, I'm wondering if that is enough??? When I first got him I thought about having him neutered but didn't since we didn't have any other rabbits. Recently, my mom told me that maybe I should consider getting him neutered... She said that maybe that would make him happier since he doesn't have any other rabbit 'friends.' Do you think he is happier by himself, without being neutered? Or...would he maybe be happier being neutered and then maybe me buying another male rabbit and getting him neutered too? That way he'd have a friend. I'm not sure...I'm just wondering about what would make Cad happy. I'm sure some of you that have rabbits will know what would be the best thing for me to do. So, anyone who wants to help me out if very welcome to give me any advice that you want. I'd appreciate it. Thanks! Talk to you all later--

!*Genny*!**

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus