SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kayan_gw

Completely Lost! Need help starting, please.

kayan
14 years ago

The sewer pipe needed to be replaced and now my garden has been completely dug up into nothing. I am using this opportunity to re-build my garden. Problem is, all I did before was erect a bunch of brick raised beds and put in two wooden beds. I have no design experience and have no idea where to start. About.com seemed to have a garden design 101 section which turned out to be links links and more links. I'm hoping fellow gardeners can help me find a starting point in laying down my garden's foundation.

I have an 18' by 17' space to work with which is NW facing. To the west of it is a straight concrete path from the house to the gate and a wooden deck. To the East of it is a strip of land bordered by a ugly strip of wood. The strip is 5' by 17'. I've been primarily planting vegetables but would like to expand to cut flowers and native Californian flowers. I've seen really nice pictures of small gardens with a small fountain in the center and a path going around, with plants surrounding, but I'm not sure it works for my space. There's virtually no shade so I'll have to create my own.

I would really appreciate any links, book suggestions, and pointers so I can at least know where to start.

Thanks a bunch!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES