SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sambuka_gw

Filling in a sloped yard with an existing retaining wall

sambuka
16 years ago

My husband and I are interested in a house in broomfield, CO. However, the people who currently own it did not fully utilize their land. They made a large patio with a huge retaining wall and steps down to a path that goes no where except around the retaining wall and back up to patio area. We have an 18 month old and would much prefer to have an actual yard. We have been looking for houses for months and just want to find a home preferably before the spring when I am due to have another child. The people claim they spent $30K on the yard. What could we do to fix this yard if we bought it to be more kid friendly (we would like to fill it back in and make it a little more level). Is it even worth it? I am guessing it isn't but it just seems like such a shame to find a house we like with a decent size yard after so much time and have it be marred by the previous owner's back yard landscaping.

I have attached a link to the house so you can see for yourself. There is a virtual tour that shows it a little better.

http://homes.realtor.com/search/listingdetail.aspx?ctid=16713&mnp=28&mxp=27&bd=4&bth=8&typ=1&sid=2bcae7a41c2a46fa9d71f84330c20c09&lid=1092338134&lsn=7&srcnt=18#Detail

Comments (19)