SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brendasue_gw

Help me find some uses for these

brendasue
15 years ago

I was able to get a few different bags and I was wondering what I can use these for around the farm.

I have about 10 used brown burlap bags, I think some of them are the hemp, you know like the potatoes used to come in? I remember when they stopped making the burlap bags I sure missed them, but now I can't recall what I would have used them for??? I havn't looked at them closely, but they're probably cut open at one end, maybe 3'x4' or bigger, pillow-like.

I have about 7 or 8 used white nylon bags, approximate size is 4'x 4' x 5', with handles/loops on top, close weave but won't retain water. Nice bags, but what can I use them for? We were going to start potatoes in 55 gallon barrels this year, easy to tip over & harvest, but was wondering if these bags might be better.

Both are too risky to be used as hay feeders, and I don't think they(burlap) will decompose quickly enough if I use them for weed control in the garden.

Any ideas? They were free, and I can get some more, but what would I use them for?

Thanks for any suggestions,

BrendaSue

Comments (19)