SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
renee48624

Last but not least...(5 Large photos to load)

renee48624
15 years ago

Hi Everyone.

Well here I am in the last stage of my recent home purchase and redo. (Downriver Michigan 5b) The inside was gutted and now complete, phew! I just completed putting up the new siding, new roof and hopefully before it gets too cold would like to tackle the front landscaping. Since I went over budget on the rest...I thought I would try to save some $$$ and dig up perennials from my other home in Northern Michigan and plant them in the front. I was thinking about doing all white perennials, annuals, and a couple ornamental grasses. Also adding two window boxes for spring annual planting.

So last night I put some perennials in with the exception of the grasses.

Long story short...I slept on it and now am unsure. Curb appeal is the most important part of selling, (within 5 years). So today I scoured the net trying to decide what to do. This home is very small, least expensive in the area, and really needs some curb appeal. I have posted 3 photos, before and where its at now. I was going try what I call a "cottage look" but City ordinances say, "no fences, no arbors". The front porch was rotted, so I tore it down and still would like to add a peaked front porch and tie it into the roof line. I tore out the old sidewalk and put down pavers.

I think it needs more, something? The ugly huge blue spruce is an eyesore. I trimmed it up further and really can not afford the $1500.00 and up bids to take it down. The old shrubs were really in bad shape so I tore those out also.

I am just trying to finish up for the season on the backyard which I spent the last 7 weeks digging a koi pond off the deck, waterfall and planting. This was for my enjoyment while I stay here. Please excuse all the crap in the photos which is getting cleaned up this weekend.(photo attached)

I am here because I love others opinions and would like to hear what others might do to help this dollhouse have more curb appeal. Actually...Please help me sleep!! I'm one of those nighttime, lay in bed thinkers.

Thanks for any ideas you might share! Warm regards, Renee

{{gwi:51552}}

{{gwi:51553}}

{{gwi:51554}}

{{gwi:51555}}

{{gwi:51556}}

Comments (15)