SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maceydaze

What disease/problem do I have now?

maceydaze
13 years ago

This is my first ever vegetable garden and as such is very much a learning experience. I'm so glad that I found this site and have done a lot of searching and researching, after the fact of course.

I've been able to research and get information on most of the problems I've had. I've also learned a lot about what NOT to do. These problems I have no clue.

I know my squash plants have powdery mildew and I'm pretty sure my vine beans have rust. I've fixed the early blight and leaf miner problems, so far I think anyway.

To the point now, sorry I ramble.My squash and cucumber plants have what looks like brown patches on the top but if you look from the bottom the leaves look transparent in those spots.

The tomato leaves have brown spots and brown on the edges before turning yellow. I looked at the tomato problem pictures I saw linked on another message but still have no clue.

Some background. As I've said I'm new and have made a lot of mistakes. I'm in zone 9, central FL, very hot, very humid. I thought it was a good idea to water at dusk when it wasn't hot. Thought I'd burn the plants. I got mold. Started watering in the AM with overhead sprinkler, wrong, got rust and mildew. I was also watering too much. Plants are in raised rows, that's how they do it on farms right, so mulch is leaves that can't be right against the plant.

I'm trying to figure out how to post pictures and I'll post them. If you need any more information on my garden folly let me know.

Thanks bunches for help

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations