SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
miss_rumphius_rules

Everyone's a...duhsigner...buyer beware!

I will be accused of being an elitist, a snob and all manner of other things because of this post, but the issue burns me UP!!!!

I went to see a potential client today. This was a referal from another client. This person had more than a few problems with their property...all created or worsened by their landscaper who told them he also design and installed landscapes. Although I believe there is room for all types of landscape installations and plenty of work for everyone, I am called into do too much remedial work.

Just because someone's truck says 'Design and Installation', doesn't make them qualified. Shame on the consumer who doesn't do their homework, who asks for advice or hires someone just because they say they know.

The several thousand dollars the afore mentioned person paid will take many more to correct--especially the dirty fill used to create a terrace. He told her not to worry she could plant in the mulch.

ARGH! Please do your homework. Ask for references. Ask to see completed work. Don't believe what every truck says.

Comments (23)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living