SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rabbitfood82

Enough is enough!!

Rabbitfood82
12 years ago

This is my first post on the garden web, but I've been using this as a source of information for years!

This year, I planted a 25x15 raised row vegetable garden. It sits on a slight slope (barely noticeable with the naked eye) to help out with drainage.

The area used to be lush, thick bermuda grass, so when I planted this year, I mulched the rows and the raised rows with rice straw to keep dormant any of those stolons that like to sprout from this tenacious grass.

Over the past 3 days, I've dumped my completely full 6" rain gauge twice. Last week, we got hammered with torrential down pours and some of my lettuce was not handling it well. I pulled out 4 plants already from being waterlogged. My bell pepper plants are starting to get yellow and brown on the edges, and my zucchini is getting little yellow spots on the leaves.

My tomato plants seem to be handling it all okay but even now, I'm worried about them drowning. The mulch is keeping the soil moist underneath and it may be too much for the plants.

Does anyone have any recommendations of organic fungicides that may help my plants from suffering disease after all this? Any suggestions greatly welcome.

Comments (6)