SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
butterflychaser

WANTED: A Boost for my Immune System

butterflychaser
18 years ago

Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone knows of some herb or even a drug that will boost my immune system.

I've been dealing with kidney stones and infections for about 12 years. In Sept, I ended up in the hospital with a severe kidney infection (which I'm sure I had since sometime in the spring) and a large stone blocking my kidney. I was then on antibiotics for about two months straight, and I had lithotripsy to bust up the stones, which I'm still trying to pass. (No fun there!)

I've been on and off antibiotics several times since Sept. (more on them than off). And the infection is still there! I've been in quite a lot of pain this past week. The doc has me back on antibiotics AGAIN! He and I are becoming quite concerned, and I'm quite tired of being so sick and in pain. He is threatening to require me to do another $1400 CT scan (which I cannot afford) to try again to locate the source of the infection.

I believe that I have simply been on antib's so long that the bacteria has built up a resistance to it. Ladyblues1965 (Kelley) was visiting me yesterday and she said all the antib's are running down my body's own immune system. She's recommended that I start taking Echinacea to boost my immune system. So once I'm done with the antib's, I plan to start on the Echinacea and Acidolphollus.

Are there other herbs or vitamins or something that will give my immune system a good, fast boost? I do take multivitamins already.

It seems I had heard about some immune-boosting drug for cancer patients. Is anyone aware of any immune-boosting drug?

I'll be seeing my doc again in 3 weeks and I intend to discuss any information I get with him and see what he recommends. But I'd like to research my options before the appointment so I'll be prepared to ask the appropriate questions.

Does anyone have any suggestions? If we can't clear up the infection, and another CT scan doesn't give us any clues, I may end up losing the kidney.

Comments (16)

Sponsored