SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Do you do anything special to boost your immunity?

Sueb20
6 years ago

This might sound crazy, but it seems that ever since I’ve been post-menopausal (thanks to surgery about 15 months ago) I get at least a touch of every virus that goes around. Rarely am I “sick in bed” but I’ll have, say, queasy stomach for several days, or that sore throat/headachey I’m-coming-down-with-something feeling for a while. This winter I don’t think I’ve gone two full weeks without feeling some degree of ickiness. It’s like my immune system isn’t fully working. Does that sound crazy?

I don’t take any kind of vitamin except for Vitamin D. I used to take a multi vitamin but just got out of the habit. Maybe I need to start again. I eat mostly healthy, exercise (but not crazy — mostly walking). Not sure what else I should be doing. I had blood tests last spring when I had my physical, and everything was normal. I am taking a low dose of estrogen and otherwise, my only daily pill is a low dose of blood pressure med. I could stand to get a little more sleep, but I’m not totally sleep deprived (usually get about 7 hrs sleep, though usually wake up at least once to throw off the covers!).

Anyone have an immunity-boosting vitamin or supplement to recommend? Or other suggestions?

Comments (24)