SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
celbrise

are tomatoes worth growing?

Celbrise
11 years ago

i have a single tomato plant i grew from seed and well it's been growing great but due to the weather recently it has succumb to many things such as aphids, powdery mildew, flowers dropping.

powdery mildew i can handle as it was raining and it didn't really affect the plant.

the aphids i can tried getting rid of and recently i think i found a solution that got rid of them. they seem to have lowered in number and i can apply more if needed in the future.

my main problem i am having trouble with is the flowers/fruits. they just seem to open up and them fall off. i really don't know whats causing this. they are out in the open in sunlight so if it is due to pollination i mean bugs can pollinate it. etc.. not even a single fruit and theirs about 3 clusters of flowers already.

idk if i should give up on this plant or just keep growing it i mean i have no problems growing it but i mean if it's not producing fruit at least whats the point of growing it i could be growing something else that will produce fruit.

any help on how i can get it to fruit as well? i doubt i have soil problems if the plant is thriving and i doubt it's the aphids as the leaves seem healthy.

Comments (14)