SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardengeek63

Thank you greenman28, loveplants2, and rooftopbklyn for your help

Skyway Gardens
10 years ago

Thank you all for your helpful suggestions regarding Al's gritty mix. I finished potting everything I wanted to re-pot this weekend (ended up with 32 pots)! There's more to do, but isn't there always? I'm just happy that I completed my goal for this weekend.

Here's a few pictures to share:

{{gwi:49913}}

{{gwi:49914}}

{{gwi:49915}}

Once everything is rinsed, the mix is amazingly clean to work with. I think a little more planning on my part would have made the whole experience more enjoyable. It's just too much to do all the sifting, rinsing the dirt off the plant's roots, and potting them back up over a couple of days. I still have mulch in the back of my truck that I need to unload and sift. I just ran out of steam!

Next time, I'm going to take your suggestion Josh, to start sifting the pine fines a couple of weeks in advance. I need to get some storage containers to keep the separated fines in so they're ready to use whenever the urge strikes. One for 1:1:1 size and one for 5:1:1 size.

This is so exciting. I'm so glad I stumbled upon a blog that referenced Al's mixes. I think this will be a game changer for my potted plants.

Thanks again and Happy Gardening!
Annette

This post was edited by ifionlyhadabrain on Mon, Sep 16, 13 at 7:22

Comments (5)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH