SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bkvlad21

Thank you, my Jade made it. (Followup + questions)

bkvlad21
9 years ago

Originally my jade stayed the same size for 5 years (about six inches long).
It got very sick and I turned to this forum. What I was advised to do:
1) Repot in a smaller pot
2) Use gritty mix instead of soil
3) Water every week and let completely drain
4) Feed every other week
5) A lot of sun exposure (but not direct)

After everything was done, my jade recovered.
My jade had
1) Parasites
2) Root rot
3) Burned by a lamp that was too close (i stupidly used a regular lamp to "give it more sun" and placed it too close and burned a few leaves).

It's been about 4 months since the repot and my jade grew 2 inches and formed 6 new leaves which are colossal when compared to original leaf size.

Questions: I would really appreciate a few more tips.

1) Leaves which were burnt by the lamp still didnt fall off but they are pretty messed up looking (look at the picture, I'm pretty sure you can tell which leaf I'm mainly talking about)
Should I rip it off?

2) The lowest most leaves are messed up compared to nice new ones. They have brown (similar to burn) spots, white spots. And they also touch my gritty mix. I think that they gotta go (it would be awesome if I could get a branch from that location). I'm talking about the lowest leaves.
Should I rip them off too?

3) Since it's winter time, should I change my watering/feeding cycles?
Right now I water Every Week and I add cacti food Every Other week to the water. Should I change it? My jade still looks pretty happy.

Thank you so much!!!! My jade and I are happy because of you. I don't know what I would do. Thank you again :D

Comments (8)