SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
saoodhashim

Seeds starting to germinate - What next?

saoodhashim
10 years ago

I had planted some seeds (of cucumber, tomato and peppers) in 4 inch pots and they have started to germinate. Just wanted to know how to proceed. I have no grow lights though and the outside temperature start off at sunrise from 75F and rise upto 100F by midday and by sunset just reaches around 93F

I am thinking of taking those seedlings out in the morning sun for and hour and a half and bringing them back in for the rest of the day. This I plan to do for approx 3 weeks after which the temperature are expected to go down and I can place them outside in their final containers. Is this the right way to proceed? And what should they be doing when kept inside? In the dark? Under house lights (I dont have any grow lights as of now). I thought house lights, being far away from the seedlings will stretch the seedlings and make dwindling plants. I have a western facing window which receives some sunlight for around an hour / hour and a half. I can keep it there for that time.

I actually am not sure, how to proceed now until the plants get ready to face the real outside environment.

Actually I was not expecting them to germinate so quickly (in 3 days). I though it will take 10 days. But it has happened so quickly that I am taken by surprise and seem to be unprepared for it.

Please help!

Comments (4)