SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cissado

Pic of my front lawn, can I do this? Suggestions? Total newbie.

cissado
16 years ago

Hello, I don't really know anything about this stuff, but I do know I should plant something here in front of my house. The little research I did tells me I'm looking for Boxwoods? to plant. I want to place them against the foundation starting from right to left from where the steps end all the way to the fence on the left side of the pic.

Don't mind the weeds further back in the alley which is growing from the stones. Those were pulled out already btw.

I want to give a little height to the area, not much, about 2 feet maybe(?) and go all across the front of the stones for two reasons. #1 to cover the visibility of the stones and foundation. and #2 to make the property appear to look wider, because it would be a long row of plantings from steps to property line.

OK #3 I like the look. I want to spruce it up a little.

I'd like to stay with the least amount of maintenance I can get. (see weeds) lol

I was planning on placing them in an area about 2-3 feet wide with mulch to break up the color as well.

or... Should I just get a landscaper to do it because there's just too much detail involved? I have no idea of the cost they would charge. I generally would, but I really think the cost/benefit of doing it myself would be beneficial.

thanks for reading

http://i19.tinypic.com/525t7qw.jpg

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!