SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
huisman98

Need Suggestions for landscape layout in my front yard (Pic)

huisman98
15 years ago

I tried posting this in the sbrubs forum but only got a limited response. Maybe design folks will have more to say.

I have a small front yard that needs some sprucing up. I live in Raleigh, NC and the yard gets full sun. I have provided a picture below with a preliminary planting plan. This is an older picture, but I already have two compact Japanese Holly bushes in front of my porch where the "For Sale" sign is in the picture (I am not selling the house). I am thinking of planting a forest pansey redbud tree in the center of my front lawn and creating a small planting bed around its base. I am also considering putting a blue point juniper next to the front corner of my house next to the garage to help hide a garbage can stored there. I wonder if it would look funny there and if I should instead get soemthing of a different shape to contrast my tall but skinny house. I have no clue what shrubs to plant at the base of my driveway on either side or how to shape the beds. Would it look bad to have planting along the right side of the driveway all the way up to the house?

Please feel free to comment on the overall plan. Any suggestions would be great. I would love to have your input and will not get insulted by your feedback (yes I know my house is very generic :)).

Thanks!

{{gwi:45112}}

Comments (5)