SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
art_1_

Any ideas what's going on with my tomato plants (pictures)?

art_1
13 years ago

Note: I'm not sure about the policy on posting in multiple forums, but I also posted this message in the tomato forum in hopes of receiving more input, thank you.

I'm wondering if anyone can provide some help as to what might be going on with my tomatoes. These are "Organic Heirlooms" purchased from the grocery store and were transplanted at the end of May.

The one on the left is Cherokee Purple and seems to be growing well, but only has one green tomato and for some reason isn't producing flowers or fruit, only leaves and small buds.

The other is German Striped, and this one was about even with the other plant until a couple of weeks after transplanting when it started to lag behind. Then the leaves started yellowing from the bottom up, and this hasn't really stopped ever since.

I'm using Al's 5:1:1 mix with Flower-Tone fertilizer and dolomitic lime mixed in. I have also been feeding with fish emulsion and Flower-Tone in water. After the yellowing started appearing on the second plant, I tried aerated steer manure tea as a foliar feed and soil drench which seemed to really help initially, but the yellowing eventually continued. I have watered with 1-2 teaspoons of epsom salts a couple of times, and usually pH the water to about 6.3 using white vinegar or a white vinegar and powdered egg shell mixture.

Here are some pictures:

{{gwi:47736}}{{gwi:47737}}{{gwi:47738}}

{{gwi:47739}}{{gwi:47740}}{{gwi:47741}}

Any ideas?

Comment (1)