SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paul_30068

Dyna-Gro Pro 9-3-6 - How Much to Use?

paul_30068
11 years ago

On the bottle of Dyna-Gro Pro 9-3-6 there are recommended dilution ratios and I see similar ratios in posts on this website. For example for production (like growing vegetables) use 1 tsp per gallon of water once per week.

OK, so I fill a one gallon watering can with rain water and I add 1 tsp of Dyna-Gro Pro 9-3-6 to obtain "enhanced water". I wish to use this enhanced water once per week.

BUT HOW MUCH DO I USE FOR A GIVEN PLANT AND CONTAINER? The recommended ratio of liquid fertilizer to water I understand but it is not clear how much of that mix to use for a given situation.

So for example if I have a 2.5" tall eggplant in an 18" pot filled with Al's 5-1-1 soil recipe how do I apply the enhanced water? Do I water the plant with plain rain water first and then add some amount of the enhanced water? Or do I apply only the enhanced water until about 10-15% of the container's volume worth of enhanced water drains out of the bottom? The latter seems like it would waste fertilizer but perhaps that is the answer and I am making this harder than it needs to be.

Comments (23)