SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jlsch

I need ideas for the front yard

jlsch
13 years ago

I am in a situation in which I need to replace the upper 1/3 of the driveway and the walkway from the driveway to the front step due to grading issues causing water in my basement. As I was talking to the cement contractor, he indicated that the roots of the evergreens there are massive and contribute to upheaval of the sidewalk concrete, so he thought they should be removed. He said they might get killed with concrete work anyways. I got a bid for a replacement of the existing sidewalk. I am on a limited budget, so that is also a factor. I started thinking that perhaps I should put a curved sidewalk in that would go around the existing plantings, and reconfigure them somehow. And then I got stuck envisioning what to do. These are photos and is anyone has any ideas that might help me visualize alternative ideas, while keeping in a budget I'd love to hear them. I'm not opposed to doing plantings myself. I don't really use the front yard...just would like it to look welcoming. Thanks so much.

{{gwi:35399}}

{{gwi:35400}}

{{gwi:35401}}

Comments (7)