SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mjsee_gw

sigh. Another plant followed me home...

mjsee
16 years ago

...and now I have to figure out where to put him. A Rhus 'Tiger Eyes.' He's wicked cool...and I LOVE the chartreuse new foliage with pink stems...and he'll turn BRIGHT orange this fall...and he'll get six feet tall and wide--and THAT'S if the info I've been able to dig up on him is accurate. I gotta find him a spot where he'll get adequate sun, has room to spread a little (I'm not certain I believe he doesn't sucker much) and I can still enjoy him.

WHY do I do this to myself? Seriously? All of my "design" seems to be post purchase. It's a terrible habit. I need to be more disciplined. I need to exercise some self-control. I need to NOT work in a GC where I'm tempted all day everyday.

Maybe I'll just give him to my SIL for her birthday. Their yard has some AWESOME spots where he'd be perfectly happy.

Or maybe I'll find JUST the right spot on the side of the house in the woodland area I'm trying to get to. I'll keep you posted. (It's been awhile since y'all had a "melanie plant/design saga!)

melanie

Comments (19)