SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
succulent_succotash

State/Region: Al's Gritty Mix Part 2

This is a continuation of the original post (http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/contain/msg041917144346.html) that has exceeded the reply limit.

Orange County, CA

TURFACE
Based on previous posts, I used the turface.com retail location finder and found a handful of landscaping stores within 15-30 minutes of my house. I called all of them for pricing & availability of Turface MVP.

I was able to get a 50lb. bag for $11 :) at Simplot in Fullerton, CA. Other places cost $15-$18. Interestingly, my local John Deere didn't carry it.

GRANITE
I used Google maps to find "feed stores" in my area. Not all of them had 100% granite (chicken) grit; some had oyster shells in them. None carried Gran-I-Grit, but had A-1 Grit No. 10. A 75lb bag cost $15. For proximity, I chose Kruse Feed & Supply in La Habra.

BARK
I went to Armstrong Garden Centers in La Habra where they have large bags of fine orchid bark (fir, not pine). A small 8 dry quart bag is $4, but the large 1.5 cub ft bag costs only $9.

They also had micro bark in a 2.0 cub ft bag, but I was unsure of the type of material and it stated its use as mulch.

Good luck my fellow OC gardeners

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH