SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_355114

House Hit - Lightning

Fried my puter & all our TVs & cable boxes, air conditioning unit, clocks & most digital stuff like the Microwave & oven/stove, stereos .... Don't know the full extent of the damage yet, but it messed up the house wiring, too.

I was in the family room reading during a not-too-bad storm. Alla sudden there was, simultaneously, a lightning flash, thunder clap, a spark/flame shot out of a wall outlet about 3 feet (I was looking past the outlet through the open garage door when it happened), and a report IN THE FAMILY ROOM as loud as a .38 or 9mm gunshot (I'm a concealed carry/multiple disciplines instructor, so I KNOW what gunshots sound like) scared the heck out of me. A few seconds later, the basement smoke alarm went off, but I couldn't smell anything down there. At first, I thought the puter was the only casualty, but all through the day yesterday, we kept discovering more & more appliances that were affected - not to mention the wiring.

Sigh - what a PITB! I'm at work for awhile today (cuz I prolly WON'T be tomo), so thought I'd say hey & relate my little adventure. ;o) No one hurt and no fire, so praise God for that.

Later.

Al

Comments (35)