SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mojavelove

How to plan for new house - also some wetland

MojaveLove
11 years ago

My husband and I just bought an acre of land that we will build our home on in about two years. I know a lot about specific types of plants but in reality I don't know much about landscaping and how to even go about it. I would like to become and "expert" on this so I know what types of plants work for our yard and how to keep it economical. Where do I start?

Also, our land is up high and slopes down into a massive wetland. Part of our property is called "outer wetland", whatever that means. I don't know if i can touch anything there or not, or if if I could add wetland plants there. This would probably affect our garden, even though we are much higher up than the wetland? I would like to hear your thoughts. Anyone here have land similar to mine?

I know that I asked some pretty broad questions, so I hope that allowed for any open discussion. I'm probably going to be around here a lot planning, so nice to meet you all.

A side thought - there isn't much in terms of trees on the property, at the very back (bottom?) of it there are some and then there are some in the wild jungle (the yard is not grass right now) that look to be young trees but I haven't the faintest idea if they are or not. I'd like to plant some to get them a two year head start but I hesitate. I'm big on planning and would hate to just put them in random places.

Comments (16)