SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vanisle_bc

email notifications not working.

vanisle_bc
11 years ago

Are others having this problem? I don't get email notifications when someone posts to a thread I'm subscribed to (although I have that option checked.) According to a Gardenweb person I managed to contact (with some difficulty,) the messages are being sent. I have disabled all my spam & junk filters and even selected my ISP's option to disable theirs on my account but it makes no difference. Neither the Gardenweb person nor my ISP's tech help desk can tell me why this is happening. The only suggestion I've been offered is that Gardenweb is using a server that's been flagged as unreliable - i.e. spammy - (by whom?) and maybe they should change to a different server. Gardenweb just hints that my ISP or my spam filters must be to blame. Of course I can't get either of them to even consider talking to each other about it.

If others are having the same experience with notifications, I urge you to start bugging GW (and some of their advertisers) about it. As far as I"m concerned it removes a large part of the pleasure in using the website, and I'm about ready to abandon it.

Oh and by the way if you're a member of other forums on here, maybe you could copy this message to them as well.

This post was edited by VanIsle_BC on Mon, Mar 4, 13 at 22:53

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert