SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
james_in_lapine

The weed from ..... the twilight zone?

james_in_lapine
15 years ago

Okay, I've got a weed that looks a lot like Dill weed but is not. It is something My grandmother planted a couple dozen years ago so I know it is some kind of useful plant. It has taken over that area of the yard. Something like 25 to 30 square feet. I have pulled it up in the spring as it is sprouting. Mowed it down. Salted and then rotor tilled it under with more salt on top. All that did is spread it even more. Last year I put a full gallon of Round up on the stuff and it still didn't die off. I used the concentrated stuff so I know I used enough to kill almost anything. The winter freeze is the only thing that seems to temporarily kill it off. After all of that, it is sprouting again this year and the ground is still frozen! Down to about 6 inches or so.

Not much else is sprouting but I did notice my Aspen trees are budding and it looks as if my Maple will do the same soon.I have to get rid of this weed. I've tried to identify it but can't find it on the net. I've taken it to green houses up to 50 miles away and no one seems to know what it is. As I said, it is something my grandmother planted so it must be useful in some way.

Any Ideas? I can't seem to get camera or cell phone to get the pic up on to the PC so I can't post a pic of it at the moment.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!