SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jessinpiner

Too my symmetry to my farmhouse?

jessinpiner
14 years ago

Last year we moved into my father in law's old farmhouse (which was also once owned by his parents). As you can see, the landscaping around this time last year was pretty plain (and oh, the weeds!). I have since done some work but feel that all the baby perennials I am planting are in too much symmetry- however the flowerbeds are symmetrical to the symmetrical porch. I just don't know where to go from here. My mulch beds look horrible by the way... I just don't know what to do with them since I tore the 20 year old landscape timbers out.

As far as the backyard goes, I am not too concerned with right now because we just removed a 32 foot kayak pool and are about to yank out the deck and install a 3 seasons room across the back wall of the house. Therefore, I will worry about that landscaping later.

I've been worn out as far as design goes as we are just about finished with renovating the inside of the house. Now I want my pretty farmhouse garden, and I have no more ideas. Any input is welcome!

{{gwi:25688}}

Last Year

{{gwi:25689}}

Last Year Right Side of the House

{{gwi:25690}}

What I've done so far

{{gwi:25691}}

A current view of the right side of the house

Help! I just think everything looks messy and uneven. Granted I think it looks a lot better than it did last year... I just want it to look "put together" yet still have a somewhat "country" and "farmhouse" feel to it.

Comments (9)