SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moody_blue

Am I wrong about the word 'Design'

moody-blue
18 years ago

I asked a "landscape designer" to do a design for me on one side of my property where I put in a wine barrel waterfall last year. I told him I wanted to terrace the small hill it's on along with putting in a small patio big enough for 4 people to have a cool drink and enjoy the breeze off the lake across the street. I told him I wanted a half-moon patio and needed to know what plants to use around the waterfall since it is in shade ALL day. The following is what I got for $200. He told me to go to any garden center and they can tell me what plants to plant in the shade. the"design" he sent me was a one page WRITTEN explanation of how much dirt to bring in and that I should use railroad ties etc. What he wrote (in a very large font so it would look like he did a lot of work)was EVERYTHING I TOLD HIM that I would like to have. He provided a separate piece of paper with simple pencilled lines where my current railroad tie wall is, with a semi-circle for the patio. NOTHING ELSE. He gave me a return envelope for the $200. Is he nuts or am I?? I thought a design was going to show me what the finished product would "resemble". Thanks for any input.

Comments (12)