SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ncguy32

Does this mix of junipers along my backyard sound good?

ncguy32
17 years ago

I am in Raleigh, NC and have a small backyard with a 40 foot stretch of 6Â tall wood plank fence set back about 35 feet from my house. The area gets full sun. My wife and I are thinking of planting several columnar type plants to green up the fence area, soften up the landscape while creating some scenery in the yard and provide a little privacy, although we are not trying to create a fast growing screen.

I have made several trips to the local nursery and it seems like a mixture of junipers would suite us well. I was thinking of a combination of Blue Point Junipers, Skyrocket Junipers, and maybe two Witchita Blue Junipers along the side of the yard. I was also thinking up putting in a few sky pencils and yew pine in with the Junipers along the fence area in some sort of zig zag patter rather than just a straight line along the fence.

My question is, do you think this mix of junipers, sky pencil, and yew pine is a good combo to plant along a back fence boarder? Are there any good complimentary shrubs that I should consider planting that would be more bulbous or round and provide some color to accent the taller narrower junipers and sky pencils?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comment (1)